Sunday 3 December 2006

thanksgiving 06


thanksgiving 06
Originally uploaded by girl-ferg.
for the first time in my life i cooked thanksgiving dinner. turkey, sweet potatoes, stuffing, cranberries, rolls, apple pie, pumpkin pie. good fun. lots of work. first times are odd cause you never know exactly how long anything is going to take or how much of stuff you need. and the turkey was the size of an ostrich.

slowly brainwashing the northern irish minds to celebrate thanksgiving. muuuhhhahaahaahahha

5 comments:

CuzNuz Ruth said...

Hi Eilis, Doesn't it give you a wonderful sense of accomplishment to be able to prepare and serve such a meal. Congratulations. It didn't matter how many times I fixed Thanksgiving or Christmas meals (the menu was always similiar) I always felt I'd managed a great feat. Nothing matches your first time but all since still rate up there very high. May today be blessed.

EF said...

that's exactly right. you're shattered and it was a lot of hard work, but a pleasant feeling when it's all over and you know you've done it. it was a lovely day. thank you for your thoughts.

Angie said...

E-
Who is that young boy in the photo with you?
(Sorry, Andrew, couldn't resist)
Cheers!

Helen Clare said...

I'm obviously not a true blogger. This is the first time I've checked my site in months and months and I saw your comment! Living in NI?? Do you ever come over our way?? It would be wonderful to meet at some point. Glad to hear you are bringing good American traditions (always to do with food it seems) to the Irish. I had a couple of Thanksgivings this year too--myself being the only American at the one I prepared. Back in MS visiting fam--not looking forward to going back to the dark of winter, but must be done...Hope you had special holidays as newlyweds! :) Your cousin, Helen Clare

Philip said...

it's a day late for you, but i just returned from having a pint. Here's to JRR! :-D