Monday 11 August 2008

busy? or just distracted?

I would say that I'm busy today - yes, I am busy. This is good, cause most days I'm not too busy and I have to 'fill' my day by making projects last inordinate amounts of time. Today is a good day to be busy, it's keeping me from thinking too much and getting distracted. Thinking not only of massive, beautiful pieces of audio gear and shiny, black, cars of wonderful torque and speed…..oh yes, I'm not to be thinking of those…..but also not thinking of what I'm doing sitting at a desk with a computer in front of me, when I could be sitting at a deck with a computer in front of me - if you know what I mean. If not, then let me explain.

My job. It's fairly boring these days. How water quality can be exciting unless it's so poor that we're drinking e.coli (which has happened recently) is beyond me. So I sit in front of a computer screen writing legislation and policy on the quality of drinking water in Northern Ireland.

Surely there is a way for this to be more exciting? Surely there is a way for me to be sitting in front of a 'desk' like an SSL or Neve (notice I put both there, I'm learning) looking at a Mac with ProTools and editing/mixing SOMETHING?

How do I get to be an assistant engineer?

How do I get to be an assistant engineer?

How do I get…..

Now you see, I've got distracted from my water quality laws…...

No comments: