if you don't like long posts this isn't the one for you. (grin)
'But I have this complaint against you:
You don’t love me or each other as you did at first!'
'Go and shout this message to My people:
“I remember how eager you were to please me
as a young bride long ago,
how you loved me and followed me
even through the barren wilderness."'
for a filling of the longing. for a filling of the gaps.
we talked about love and intimacy this morning and a few thoughts came to mind about how we fill our lives and how we live as we desire, long and seek for love.
A feeling of strong attachment induced by that which delights or commands admiration; preeminent kindness or devotion affection; tenderness; or passionate affection for. To take delight or pleasure in; to have a strong desire for, or interest in; to be pleased with
Intimate - innermost; inward; internal; deep-seated; hearty; Near; close; direct; thorough; complete.
1. only with GOD's breath are we alive - to be close enough to get HIS breath we need to be intimate with HIM
2. we have affairs with the world and with 'worldly' attitudes/attributes, which steal us away from GOD.
- by worldly attitudes i mean - pride, lust, hatred, lying, selfishness,
3. love is sacrifice. yet we sacrifice GOD, of whom love is patterned for, instead of sacrificing the things that take us and our attention to hate and away from love.
4. there isn't a problem with the want to be fascinating or desirable, but we can't be truly satisfied by others - intimacy in our human lives is a glimmer of intimacy with GOD. if we don't have intimacy with GOD, our intimacy with humans will be stale and we'll have to move from friendship to friendship and lover to lover - always seeking to truly be satisfied. impossible without our longing for GOD: that which makes us completely fascinating and desirable.
longings from GOD placed in our hearts:
1. to be loved, for intimacy
2. for greatness
3. to be wholehearted
4. to make an impact
5. for beauty
6. for fascination
7. for GOD
5. without GOD, intimacy and love can't exist. GOD is love and love is GOD. how can we have love without GOD or GOD without love?
how can we actually truly live if we don't have that breath of GOD in our bodies?