Friday 6 August 2010

Recently, I've come to the realisation that my life is very secular. Not necessarily me in my life, but the world around me. As my life goes around my job (wholly secular) and I have so few friends here, especially ones who I would want to pick up the habits of, there isn't a lot around me that focuses on Christ, or living like Him.

From the standpoint of my whole life, this is a new aspect. I can remember a conversation (argument?) I had with someone who had been a friend and was walking away. She accused me of living in a Christian bubble. My family was Christian, I went to church, worked at this church, and most of my friends were Christian. I ever though this was a bad thing. I still don't. But as I look at my life now, I realise how those years were really building a foundation of how to respond and I've and love. What a great blessing that I was privileged enough to have that time of solid building so that now, when good, Godly conversation is slim, Godly back-up (at least here) is non-existent, I have those principles to lean on. Don't get me wrong, I'm making plenty of mistakes, but feel as if I'm going forward, even as I make them.

No comments: