Wednesday 6 June 2012

time management

What a boring title for a blog! Blog posts are supposed to be interesting or crafty, or exciting, or encouraging, but that, that is just plain boring! And yet, it is really more of the reality of my life right now than being interesting, fun, crafty, exciting or anything else that springs to mind. I enjoy reading other people's blogs - especially those people who seem to have the life that I wish I did. Not that I'm discontent with my life, not at all, but I would love to be able to live more outside, more naturally (more granola as A likes to tell me), more Godly. These blogs are either written by people who 1) have too much time on their hands 2) have a better handle on life than I do or 3) are very good at time management.

Ah, and here is where the crux of the matter is: time management. Now that the Bean is 11 weeks (!!) and we've got a pretty good handle on eating and napping and sleeping during the night, I have the ability to manage my personal time a bit better. So lately I've been trying to take the opportunity to do some more serious Bible study and right now am working my way through Gideon with the intention of moving backwards in Judges to Deborah. One of the things that has really struck me about Gideon (Judges 4-6) was that his problems were caused by his ancestors not following the Lord's commands. In Numbers 31 God said to destroy the Midianites, which the Israelites didn't do. Because of this, the Midianites came back to oppress the Israelites. Israel had once again turned away from God so God allowed the things they didn't destroy to cause problems for them.

 Now, I'm not great at seeing how to apply things from the Bible - especially Old Test. stories - but this one really made me look at those things that God commanded me to get rid of that I didn't and are now causing problems for me. My attitude towards people in general hasn't been great lately and I'm digging for the root cause so I don't plant seeds that will come up further down the line in my life, or worse, in C's!

 My conclusion? Even as I'm working at destroying the things God has told me to, He is still willing to come and use me and teach me. Judges 6v14: "Go with the strength you have, and rescue Israel (yourself) from the Midianites (all those things I told you to get rid of). I am sending you!" and 6v16: "I will be with you. And you will destroy them all as if you were fighting against one man."

No comments: